We provide our clients with in-depth analysis of political, security and economic developments in the Balkans, both region-wide and country specific but always tailored to their needs. With our network of analysts embedded throughout the region and immersed in the latest information at its source, we not only explain to our clients specific events but also provide foresight regarding risks and opportunities.
BIRN Consultancy handles a wide range of corporate investigations and integrity due diligence cases. Our clients come to us when considering a new business relationship or when they are worried about an existing one running into problems. We answer their questions but also point out issues which they might have missed.
Whether our clients are entering a new market, expanding existing projects or exploiting other opportunities, we help them make informed decisions in uncertain political, regulatory and commercial conditions. Irrespective of whether our clients need to understand the wider business environment, a specific sector or map key decision makers, we carry out research and provide analysis based on their needs.
Sometimes the needs of our clients require a mix of all of our services or relate to a niche problem that does not fall neatly into any of the above categories. Some problems require multi-jurisdictional investigations and analysis. Whatever the brief, we can assemble the most relevant expertise to provide answers for our clients based on their needs.
- Businessman Bonded Croatia President to Trump TeamUS businessman Jeffory Blackard says fruitful meetings he arranged in the US for Croatia's President gave her a head start on most world leaders when it comes to Team Trump.
- Balkan Feminists Rally in Solidarity With US WomenActivists in Belgrade, Pristina and Sofia will hold rallies in solidarity with the huge women's march planned for Washington, one day after Donald Trump's inauguration.
- Bosnian Serb Invites to Trump Gala DisputedAlthough the Republika Srpska's government website claimed the Prime Minister of the Bosnian entity was attending Donald Trump's inauguration, a US embassy statement suggested she was not the official invitee.
- ‘Nationalist’ Train Stuns Serbian Rail PassengersThe train that sparked tensions with Kosovo with its nationalist slogans and pictures surprised passengers commuting from Kraljevo to Pozega when it turned up instead of their standard carrier.
- Birth of Trump Era Divides Balkan CountriesRight-wing Serbs are euphoric while Romanians and Bosniaks are worried. All over the Balkans, governments and people are watching to see what a new era in US diplomacy brings.
- Balkan States Eye Their Prospects in Trump EraCountries in the region are pondering whether they will lose or gain from a Trump presidency – but the end results of this new era are hard to call.
- Slovenia Must not Flinch in Battle with Big TobaccoThe tobacco industry is doing its utmost to deter Slovenia from introducing plain cigarette packaging - it must not succeed.
- Kosovo’s Serbs Feel Frightened, Insecure and MisusedSerbs in Kosovo say that the recent ‘propaganda train’ dispute between Belgrade and Pristina left them worried about their security and fearful that they are being used as political pawns.
- Bulgaria, Serbia Voice High Hopes About Gas PipelineMinisters of Bulgaria and Serbia have agreed a gas interconnector should become fully operational by 2020, helping both countries reduce their dependency on Russian energy.
- Serbia Urged to Build on Results of 2016Serbia’s economy outperformed most predictions last year – but experts say the government must not fritter away the gains in pay and pension rises, or it risks ending up where it started.
- Young Albanians Strike Gold in the EmiratesThe Gulf states have turned into a dream destination for many young Albanians whose career paths were blocked back home.
- Croatian Plan to Regain Syrian Oil Fields QueriedTop Croatian energy expert expresses doubt about claims that the energy company INA can retake control over its abandoned oil and gas fields in war-torn Syria.